- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Provide technical assistance to the Pharmacist in all areas that a non-pharmacist can legally perform. Provide prompt, courteous customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a current Nationally Certified Technician's license.
- Perform functions and responsibilities of a Pharmacy Clerk.
- Provide prompt, courteous customer service.
- Utilize, update, and maintain data on Pharmacy computer system.
- Operate cash register and scanning terminal.
- Maintain Pharmacy files and records.
- Order prescription merchandise from specified sources.
- Process Third Party transactions and forms.
- Call doctors' offices for refill authorizations.
- Fill and package nursing home accounts under direction of pharmacist.
- Process prescriptions and maintain related systems under direction of pharmacist.
- Able to effectively communicate with customers and associates.
- Keep floors, clean, safe, and free from clutter.
- Make a friendly impression on customers.
- Keep inventory of current medications and process orders for new medication shipments.
- Stock shelves with medications.
- Follow all current rules and duties of the Pharmacy, Company, and State and Federal laws.
- Must keep work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Be prompt, tactful, calm, courteous, and professional in all interactions.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make intelligent decisions quickly.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Personal initiative and follow through to completion.
- Strong communication skills and diplomacy when dealing with people.
- Must be able to read shelf tags, signs, product labels, training materials, and bulletins.
- Able to interact with doctors' offices.
- Able to effectively use Pharmacy computer system and equipment.
- Able to perform Pharmacy clerk and/or checker duties.
- Confidentially regarding customer records is expected as a condition of ongoing employment.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification or pass certification exam.
- Vocabulary in pharmacy terms and abbreviations.
- Knowledge of common drugs, dosage forms, and generic names.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Pharmacy technician work experience or similar experience.
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, and safety.
Education Level:High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses:Pharmacy Board License; Pharmacy Technician Certification
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: NE||Omaha|| 12025 W Center Rd ||68144 || Baker's||[[mfield2]]||Pharmacy ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| Pharmacy Board License; Pharmacy Technician Certification
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.