- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Responsible for working to achieve sales and profit goals established for the department. Direct and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Natural Foods department. Provide excellent customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Responsible for being professional, displaying a positive attitude, and speaking highly of the company in the presence of customers.
- Resolve all customer inquiries promptly and effectively.
- Knowledge of products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Properly utilize and maintain all department fixtures.
- Maintain cleanliness of cutting equipment, cases, coolers, and any work areas in the department.
- Implement the period promotional plan.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Maintain an awareness of overstock/under stock conditions to ensure ordering system integrity and train department associates.
- Adhere to all Food Safety regulations and guidelines and company, local, state, and federal laws and guidelines.
- Practice preventative maintenance by proper inspection and repair of equipment.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify or correcting unsafe conditions.
- Communicate on-going store special programs.
- Communicate information with department members that impact the department or job functions.
- Communicate market trends with associates.
- Schedule properly to effectively manage volume of customers and hours of operation.
- Work collaboratively with team members to promote teamwork and align the goals of the organization.
- Promote trust and respect among the team.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to work weekends, and holidays.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Knowledge of basic math.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Natural Foods experience.
- Retail experience.
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KS||Lawrence|| 3000 W 6Th St ||66049 || Dillons||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
- customer service
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.