- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Do you love Real Time Strategy games? Do you hate it when your gatherer units get stuck to trees or wander off to enjoy the scenery? We sure do. If you do and are a skilled software engineer with the proven ability to keep our gatherers in-line and on task the Age of Empires franchise wants your help!
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our team to drive the navigation systems for Age of Empires. If successful you will closely collaborate with design and engineering teams globally and focus on developing a cutting edge RTS specific navigation solution for Age of Empires engine for use in Age IV and anything beyond, as well as offering support and guidance to help improve navigation in our older Age of Empires titles. You should have experience building cutting edge RTS navigation solutions and be keeping up with, if not pushing, what the state of the art in the field of navigation is.
As a senior member of the Age of Empires Franchise team you will
- Be the navigation subject matter expert for the franchise.
- Understand and be able to implement state of the art for large group pathfinding techniques.
- Collaborate with partners both internal and external on titles new and old.
- Guild and possibly step in and help implement, if not design and lead efforts to build pathfinding solutions.
- Help teams troubleshoot issues, build more robust solutions and test frameworks.
- Find new ways to drive what the state of the art in the field is.
Qualifications and skills
- 4+ Years of experience in feature level development
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly gain familiarity with existing large code bases and quick ramp up effectively contributing to a code base.
- Comfortable engaging with diverse teams and disciplines
- Be able to collaborate with both internal and external partners, local and all over the world.