- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Washington, D.C.
NBC News and MSNBC Fall 2019 Internships – Washington, D.C.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
Politics & Foreign Affairs
Politics (for NBCNews.com)
Andrea Mitchell Reports
Justice (Pete Williams)
Nightly News/Weekend Nightly News (includes weekend hours)
TODAY/Weekend TODAY (includes weekend hours)
Meet The Press
Hardball with Chris Matthews
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
Researching stories and leads, primarily via telephone and Internet
Preparing research materials for correspondent and producers from various sources, including editorial notes for correspondent and producers
(for Meet The Press) Assisting in maintaining extensive political research files as well as in compiling research for the show and other projects, including 1947: Meet the Press Podcast and “MTP Daily” on MSNBC
Finding and contacting interview subjects, setting up interviews
Greeting and escorting on-air show guests and panellists, managing live in-studio audience
Screening and logging video from various sources, transcribing interviews
Observing and assisting editing of NBC News reports for broadcast and online
Attending/observing editorial planning meetings and conference calls
Field-producing occasional shoots and/or interviews
Contributing to print versions of reports posted on NBCNews.com
Greeting guests arriving at NBC News for meetings or interviews
Other administrative support
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Need to be able to work on-site in Washington, D.C.
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28, 2019.
Fall Internship Program Dates: September – December 2019
• Desired Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Political Science, Production, English, Social Media, Research.
• Desired Characteristics:
- Previous internship experience or on-campus involvement
- Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Previous experience or strong interest in politics/government, and/or journalism
- Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs
- Excellent computer skills (especially search skills)
Sub-BusinessCampus Programs Interns
District of Columbia
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBC News is a leading source of global news and information operating for over 75 years. Every week, NBC News provides more than 30 hours of television news programming, including the top-rated “NBC Nightly News” “TODAY,” and “Meet the Press” programs. The continuously growing online presence of NBC News, NBC News Digital, includes NBCNews.com, msnbc.com, TODAY.com, NBC Latino, NBC BLK, social media and all of the network’s digital initiatives. In addition to its leading news programs and wide range of digital platforms, the network’s portfolio includes Peacock Productions, an award-winning in house production company. NBC News Channel is the network’s liaison to over 200 affiliate stations across the country.
MSNBC is the premier destination for breaking news and
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.