- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
NBC News and MSNBC Summer 2019 Internships – New York, NY
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
Production (NBC Network News, TODAY, Dateline, Nightly News, MSNBC Dayside, Primetime and Weekends)
Breaking News Specials
Digital Editorial (NBCNews.com, TODAY.com, MACH, THINK, LEARN, Diversity Verticals)
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Need to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 15, 2018.
Summer Internship Program Dates: June – August 2019
• Desired Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Political Science, Production, Public Relations/Marketing, Social Media, English, Business
• Desired Characteristics:
- Previous internship experience or on-campus involvement
- Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs
- Interns should have experience or strong interest in politics/government, and/or journalism.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures.
Sub-BusinessCampus Programs Interns
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBC News is a leading source of global news and information operating for over 75 years. Every week, NBC News provides more than 30 hours of television news programming, including the top-rated “NBC Nightly News” “TODAY,” and “Meet the Press” programs. The continuously growing online presence of NBC News, NBC News Digital, includes NBCNews.com, msnbc.com, TODAY.com, NBC Latino, NBC BLK, social media and all of the network’s digital initiatives. In addition to its leading news programs and wide range of digital platforms, the network’s portfolio includes Peacock Productions, an award-winning in house production company. NBC News Channel is the network’s liaison to over 200 affiliate stations across the country.
MSNBC is the premier destination for breaking news and in-depth analysis of the headlines through commentary and informed perspectives. Reaching more than 96 million households worldwide, MSNBC offers a full schedule of live coverage, influential voices, and award-winning documentary programming – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. MSNBC also delivers breaking news and information across a variety of platforms including msnbc.com, MSNBC on Sirius XM radio, and the MSNBC App for iPhone and iPad. Watch MSNBC anywhere: On Demand, online or across mobile and connected TVs.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance,
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.