- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
NBCUniversal Summer 2019 Data Science Internship – New York, NY
Unlike a traditional internship, the Data Science Practica (Internship) embeds future Data Scientists and Data Engineers in ongoing projects within NBCUniversal. Future Data Scientists and Engineers become active members of existing teams developing data science projects, acquiring specific responsibilities, goals and timelines which are interdependent with the goals and timelines of the teams they are embedded in. Upon completing the Practicum, future Data Scientists and Engineers will have gained experience in real-world projects on a typical data science environment, using state of the art data science tools, and broad exposure to the media industry.
• In pursuit of a Master’s or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or other relevant quantitative fields
• Working knowledge of at least two programming languages. Examples: R, Python, Julia, Java, or Scala
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 15th, 2019
• Summer Program Dates: June 3rd – August 9th, 2019
Preferred Qualifications Requirements:
• Prior experience with ML and/or statistical modelling
• Advanced working knowledge of statistics and its applications for inferential data analysis
• Familiarity with Spark, Hive and/or Hadoop
• Experience with data visualization techniques and concepts
Sub-BusinessCampus Programs Interns
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.