- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
This position requires an advanced understanding of telecommunication systems including Enterprise IP phone systems, terminal servers, FAX machines and multi-functional devices (MFD) and familiarity with 802.X authentication and port security. Knowledge of network monitoring tool (SolarWinds, Nagios, etc.) strongly preferred. The Network Administrator will manage projects related to the research, design, implement as well as administration and management of all data networks, systems across the campus.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is required and five (5) years related full-time experience and training with Cisco, Meraki, Alcatel Lucent, Aruba, Arista network equipment including firewalls, switches and routers.
· Five (5) years of full-time progressively responsible demonstrated experience in network design and support and experience in configuring and maintaining a diverse enterprise IT infrastructure. Experience to include TCP/IP, Ethernet, VRFs, VLANs, information security and data center architecture is required.
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with logical problem-solving from Layer 1 through Layer 7 of the OSI model.
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience with installing, administering and maintaining IT infrastructure, including servers (physical & Virtual), routers, firewalls, switches, IPS/IDS, patch panels, cabling, UPS’ and WAPs.
· Expert in networking concepts as well as protocols including VLAN, VTP, STP, VRF, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP.
· Ability to plan and prioritize workload to meet implementation schedules and minimize schedule conflicts.
· Ability to communicate effectively including good written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills is required.
About the company