- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Mililani Town
Client Reference Code: 247659
Under general supervision, assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems basic to intermediate complexity. Monitors protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of network architecture and designs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Implements and assists in designing protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Intermediate data networking knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Transport)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Intermediate knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Intermediate knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Intermediate knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Intermediate knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
3 years data network experience
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and services
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP )
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
May work in Network Lab environment
24X7 Network Operations environment. Depending on business group, on-call work may be an essential function of the job.
Occasional travel as required
Job Code : ENE309 Network Engineer II Exempt
- ms project