- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SAIC NASA_NICS Program is looking for a Principal Network Engineer in the Huntsville, AL area.
A successful candidate will serve as the Enterprise LAN Service Manager on the NASA NICS contract. Service Manager (SM) responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of and authoritative voice for the wired Enterprise LAN service.
- Act as the single interface to NASA Service Element Manager (SEM) as well as the centralized POC for vendor relations for the service.
- Responsible for leading the effort, in conjunction with the NASA SEM, to create and maintain a Corporate Target Architecture (CTA) for the LAN service as well as an Approved Products List (APL).
- The SM will also be responsible for ensuring designs across the NICS contract are compliant with the CTA and APL.
- Leading the transformation to the Enterprise Service Model, compliance with CSO tenants and Service Level Agreements. Responsible for the Corporate Architecture Planning Process for the service which will provide inputs for:
- Gap analysis
- Budget investment packages
- MSC issue papers
- Budgetary spend plans Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in related field with 10 years of related experience or High School Diploma and 15 years of related experience in lieu of degree. Required Skills:
- Excellent oral and written skills and be able to present technical information in formal presentations to both internal and external customers.
- Must be comfortable working closely with both SAIC and customer senior management.
- Must be able to multi-task and effectively balance competing priorities. General knowledge of LAN wired and wireless network architecture is required. Desired Skills:
- Experience LAN and routed data networks as well as working knowledge of carrier networks and diversity and redundancy required to meet specific customer service level agreements.
- Cisco and/or Juniper certification desired.
- Previous experience managing a technically diverse team to complete technical projects.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
About the company