- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you’ll be doing...
The Voice Capacity Engineering team under Verizon Network Engineering organization is looking for a self-motivated and innovative thinking engineer in support of Verizon Wireline Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) network. You will perform the function of capacity management on the Verizon CLEC network. The platform is the growth Local network for Voice and VoIP products. You will work closely with Trunk Capacity Management, 911, Product Marketing, Verizon Wireless, etc.
- Capacity Engineer all of the CLEC local switches.
- Switches include Ribbon, Nokia, and Siemens TDM and VoIP gateways.
- Provide detailed input on the budget requirements as it relates to growth and migrations.
- Initiate the work for new local Rate Center installs.
- Host calls with RBOCs and other CLECs to determine Point of Interconnects for new switches.
- Perform traffic trending, gather forecasts, project migrations to determine future capacity needs.
- Deeply involved in the transformation of the network from TDM to VoIP capable switches and products.
- Report on platform capacity to Engineering, Planning, Operations, and Maintenance Engineering.
- Obtain quotes from vendors on new VoIP switches as well as augments and grooms on the existing TDM network.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of capacity management theory.
- Experience in IP and TDM technologies.
- Network engineering experience.
- Ability to program/script to help develop reporting tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies with minimal oversight.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal/ written) skills
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.