- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Network News Reporter
TV Content & Production
The Network News Reporter will be responsible for presenting story ideas from the region that are of interest to Hispanics.
Report (research, write, produce, present) fair and accurate stories as assigned daily to air in Noticiero and if needed news segments in Un Nuevo Dia or Midday newscast
Gather and verify news information and preparing for presentation on air, on line and for mobile
Actively participate in daily editorial meetings with story pitches of interest to our viewers
Develop and maintain contacts with community, political leaders and activists and key figures
Develop enterprise and exclusive content
Collaborate with producers, managers and photographers to conceptualize, write and produce stories
Generate a wide variety of story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews
Gather and verify information through interviews, observation and research
Communicate with news producers, assignment editors and managers regarding story development, progress in the field and/or breaking news stories
Incorporate social media into the reporting routine
Stay informed regarding current events on a national, international and regional level
Works under the direct supervision of the Sr Director of News Gathering and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a television reporter
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
• BI-lingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal
• Proven experience presenting stories on air in a professional manner during pre-packaged reports and live interviews
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment
• A basic understanding of desktop computers, iNews and learn systems as implemented
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to provide references from previous employers if requested
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
• Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Proven solid writing skills and editorial judgment
• Effective self-starter with the proven ability to generate and produce news stories and enterprise stories
• Strong understanding of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel and slander
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Proven excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story desired
• Creative and highly organized
• Detail oriented
• Knowledge of non-linear editing and shooting workflow
• Experience being actively engaged in editorial processes and meetings
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.