- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Las Vegas
News Operations Manager/Chief Photographer Telemundo Las Vegas
TV Content & Production
Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
KBLR Telemundo Las Vegas has an opportunity for a detailed oriented, multi-skilled, full-time News Operations Manager within our news department. The News Operations Manager/Chief Photographer will report to the News Director. Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to leading the news photographer & technical teams, coordinating live shots from various markets, studio set-up, and daily news operations activities. Additional duties will include, but are not limited to, coordinating special program coverage as needed, the procurement of departmental incidental supplies and equipment, station vehicle maintenance, and support staff development.
• A minimum of 2 years solid managerial experience in a broadcast or production environment.
• Candidate must be highly creative and possess a solid knowledge and skill set base within all areas of field and studio production.
• Knowledge of, video editing platforms, live truck operations, Dejero, LiveU, camera operations, lightning & audio operations.
• Candidate must have strong news video photography, news production and news operations experience.
• Associates Degree, BA or BS in Communication or related field preferred.
• Provide supervision, management oversight and mentoring to News Photographers and Technical Team.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Bilingual (Spanish and English) preferred although not required.
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
• Must be willing to work in Las Vegas, NV and travel to surrounding areas as needed.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
• Must be willing submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must accept Solutions, as NBCUniversal’ s Dispute resolution program.
• Ability to perform under constricted time deadlines.
• Detail orientated.
• Skilled problem solver.
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• Highly competitive nature.
• Flexible schedule
Sub-BusinessNBCUOTS - TLM KBLR
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 26 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.