- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Provide stocking support for the Grocery department. Stock, load, cut and sort product and build displays in order to ensure maximum product availability and department sales. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, performing price checks, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Operate equipment (e.g., pallet jack, box cutter, forklift, mop, broom) according to company guidelines.
- Stock aisles; build and maintain displays.
- Use proper case cutting techniques to cut and sort Grocery stock loads and handle product carefully to avoid damage.
- Ensure correct product placement and rotate and face product.
- Work display to shelf items.
- Sort stock by aisle, load it onto carts or pallets in a stable manner, and move it to the correct aisle.
- Maintain production counts by pallets and/or cases and assist with Grocery department ordering.
- Clean up the sales floor or backroom by picking up and compacting cardboard stacks/pallets, cleaning up spills, storing overstock, and disposing of used razor blades.
- Maintain individual assignment card to document fixed activities and record piece count and production rate.
- Assist cashiers with price checks and product replacement.
- Assist with cashier duties by scanning and processing customer orders, providing excellent customer service, processing tender and coupons, and following Front End scanning procedures.
- Answer department phone calls and provide assistance to caller.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently reaching, standing, turning, walking, reading and lifting/carrying objects 10 to 25 lbs., and pushing/pulling objects 300 to 2500 lbs. Occasional climbing and working above floor level.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Basic math skills (counting, additions and subtraction)
Desired Previous Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs atPick n Save: At Pick 'n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI||Greenfield|| 4279 South 76th Street ||53220 || Roundy's||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Grocery; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None