- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Department: PEY Warehouse
Position Reports To: Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Responsible for safely transporting trailers to and from the adjoining yard to the DC docks so that product can be loaded, unloaded and stored. The company also requires that all employees perform al tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive truck to transport trailers to and from DC docks for loading, unloading and storage purposes.
- Conduct Driver's Daily Checklist on vehicle prior to start of each shift, reports any mechanical defects.
- Adhere to corporate, departmental and regulatory operations and safety standards.
- Maintain Class "A" Driver license, complies with all applicable Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) regulations.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- Ability to carry out instructions given in written or oral form.
- Meets federal D.O.T. regulations including physical requirements and operational standards.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Ability to work varied shifts, weekends and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Commitment to safety in operating tractor trailer in congested yards, vigilant for safety of self and others and protection of company property.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- One year of prior driving experience operating tractor trailer vehicles.
Leadership Behaviors:Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, clickhere.
Education Level:High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses:CDL A
States: Georgia; Tennessee