- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The primary responsibility of the NOC Technician II will be to proactively monitor and escalate application, system, and network incidents to ensure maximum availability and performance. This position will perform these tasks using various network management tools, internal ticketing systems, and monitoring consoles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Proactively monitor availability and performance of the WOW network and infrastructure using various tools. Respond to alerts, incident tickets and email requests presented to Network Operations
- Work as first level escalation for NOC I
- Handle escalation calls from Vendors, Call Centers, Dispatch, and Field personnel as needed
- Perform daily routines and tasks as required
- Escalate issues as needed to, BOSS, NOC III, Operations or Engineering teams per procedures
- Assist with root cause analysis of recurring incidents
- Accurately document all issue details in appropriate ticket or notification tools
- Assist in communication and notification of major events to internal teams
- Assist with modification and creation of standard operating procedures
- Ensure appropriate communication occurs between shifts
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates must possess the ability to multitask, problem solve, think clearly and respond in a fast-paced or fluid environment is a must
- A good understanding of UNIX systems fundamentals and system management tasks is preferred as well as a strong understanding of network concepts, TCP/IP stack and common Internet protocols
- Prior experience in a Network Operations Center environment is desirable
- Must be reliable and dependable, self-motivated and willing to learn and contribute to building a successful NOC team
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Formal technical education is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide range of computer operating systems is desired. Customer Service and NOC experience is also preferred.
- Previous knowledge of RF signals and HFC networks is a plus.
MS Office, Internet software, e-mail communication, ICOMs billing system preferred. Familiarity with basic UNIX commands
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- regularly required to talk and hear
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- required to use close vision and be able to focus
- must be able to function in a 24/7 operation and work a flexible schedule on weekdays, weekends and holidays
WOW! is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer