- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job TitleNurse Anesthetist/UKHCRequisition NumberRE21118Working TitleCRNADepartment Name7H135:ANESTHESIOLOGY - ORWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level17Salary Range$63.31-110.07/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired EducationBS
Click here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related ExperienceNo experience required.
Required License/Registration/CertificationCertified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Physical Requirementslifting, pushing, or pulling heavy objects
Shiftvaried, day shifts, some night shifts
Job SummaryThe Department of Anesthesiology seeks a Nurse Anesthetist to provide general anesthesia in the operating rooms and to University patients undergoing surgical, diagnostic, and invasive procedures to patients of all ages. This does not include OB or open heart.
The primary responsibilities for this position will include: identify patient and verify surgical procedure listed on consent; verify pre-op history and assessment; maintain patient confidentiality; perform complete anesthesia equipment check at start of each work period; monitor patients vigilantly to ensure expected outcomes are obtained; recognize sign of patient condition; document actions taken; maintain communication as needed to ensure tasks are successful, completed and problems are satisfactorily resolved; contribute to unit teamwork.
Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesProvision of general anesthesia to any patient undergoing surgical, diagnostic, and invasive procedures in a Level 1 Trauma Center.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceBachelor’s degree plus one or more years providing general anesthesia to any patient undergoing surgical, diagnostic, and invasive procedures in a Level 1 Trauma Center preferred.
Deadline to Apply11/17/2019University Community of InclusionThe University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess a current CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) license or eligible to obtain this license by date of hire?
- * Please describe the patient population for which you have provided care. (Open Ended Question)
- * Please list the procedures for which you have provided anesthesia. (Open Ended Question)
- * In the last 3 months, what kinds of cases have you been doing ((Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- human resources