- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job TitleNurse Clinical/UKHCRequisition NumberNR07097Working TitleRN/Neonatal ICU/ Kentucky Children's HospitalDepartment NameH3060:Children's/Maternal/Psychiatric SvcsWork LocationLexingtonGrade Level10Salary Range$22.51-33.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired EducationADN
Required Related ExperienceNo experience required.
Required License/Registration/CertificationActive Kentucky RN license, Temporary Work Permit (TWP), Provisional License or active compact state RN license that is in good standing and American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare Provider valid for at least 6 months after employment date
Physical RequirementsThe essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
ShiftMust be able to work three, 12-hour shifts per week from 7P to 730am; will also be required to work some weekend and holidays.
Job SummaryRegistered Nurses in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU or 3Neo) at Kentucky Children’s Hospital provide care for critically ill newborns that require close observation and an intermediate level of specialized care
The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing total, comprehensive, continuous and patient centered care which includes: assessing, documenting, planning, implementing, teaching, developing, and evaluating a comprehensive nursing plan of care; delivering direct patient care; ensuring patient satisfaction; training and delegating duties for Nursing Care Technicians (Nursing Assistant); and adhering to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations. Furthermore, this environment supports collaborative efforts among the nursing staff and the team of physicians to increase communication and enhance expected patient outcomes. This includes utilization of the nursing process in conjunction with a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care, ensuring patient satisfaction.
Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesThe ideal candidate will have the following: knowledge of Maslow’s eight Basic Human Needs and the priority within Gordon’s Functional Health Patterns Frame Work as well as Swanson’s Caring model; superb direct patient care and critical thinking skills; basic computer navigation skills and working knowledge of the internet; ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner with patients and their families, co-workers and physicians; and strong organizational, prioritization, and delegation skill. The candidate will be highly motivated, pro-active and confident in advocating for patients and their family members. Will also enjoy working in a strong team environment and provides open, honest communication with fellow staff and physicians. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess exceptional technical skills and a proven ability to work in a team as well as independently.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceBSN + AT LEAST 1 YEAR OF RN EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Deadline to Apply11/18/2019University Community of InclusionThe University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter