- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job TitleNurse Clinical/UKHCRequisition NumberNR05818Working TitleRN/EndoscopyDepartment NameH3090:Diagnostic ServicesWork LocationLexingtonGrade Level10Salary Range$22.44-35.95/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired EducationADN
Required Related Experience0
Required License/Registration/CertificationActive Kentucky RN license, Temporary Work Permit (TWP), Provisional License or active compact state RN license that is in good standing and American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare Provider valid for at least 6 months after employment date
Physical RequirementsThe essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
ShiftMust be able to work 4-10 hour Day/Evening shifts /week, will also be required to take call and work some weekends and holidays.
Job SummaryThis position is responsible for care in the Endoscopy suites and other procedural areas including prep/hold and recovery within the UK Healthcare Enterprise including Chandler and Good Samaritan. The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing total, comprehensive, continuous and patient centered care which includes: assessing, documenting, planning, implementing, teaching, developing, and evaluating a comprehensive nursing plan of care; delivering direct patient care; ensuring patient satisfaction; training and delegating duties for Nursing Care Technicians (Nursing Assistant); and adhering to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations. Furthermore, this environment supports collaborative efforts among the nursing staff and the team of physicians to increase communication and enhance expected patient outcomes. This includes utilization of the nursing process in conjunction with a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care, ensuring patient satisfaction.
Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesThe ideal candidate will have the proven ability to work in a team as well as independently and to be assertive and serve as an advocate for the patient. Knowledge of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and Gordon’s Functional Patterns, along with Roy’s Adaptation model is a must in clinical practice at UK Healthcare. The ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner with patients and their families, co-workers, and physicians is essential to delivering collaborative care to our patients. It is also necessary to have strong organizational, prioritization, and delegation skills. In addition, the candidate will have basic computer navigation skills and working knowledge of the internet.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceBSN and at least 1 year of RN experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply11/13/2019University Community of InclusionThe University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- AONE (American Organization of Nurse Executives)
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents