- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Carlisle County
Responsible for organizing, and overseeing the activities of professional and ancillary personnel engaged in the provision of patient care in the clinical unit. Performs coordinator and clinical responsibilities necessary to ensure continued effective service.
- Participates and contributes to the development of the overall goals and plans for the care unit.
- Works with the division administrators in assisting with the development, and administration of a budget, which provides for the attainment of unit goals. Monitors utilization of supplies and equipment and advises personnel concerning economical usage.
- Coordinates new employee orientation and a continuing education program for the clinical staff by assessing and prioritizing the learning needs of the staff and coordinating and monitoring appropriate educational programs.
- Directs and assists subordinates in the execution of clinical responsibilities.
- Regularly participates in staff meetings for the purpose of dissemination of information and monitoring employee concerns, needs and suggestions.
- Monitors the administration, documentation, and safekeeping of all controlled medications maintained in the clinic.
- Responsible for compliance with standards and guidelines promulgated by accrediting and regulatory agencies and for preparing area for inspection by such agencies.
- Communicates with providers and staff as needed to ensure delivery of optimal patient care.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with subordinates, staff physicians, supervisors, and other members of the health care team in order to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of optimal patient care.
- Conducts daily review of procedure lab to ensure that all staff performance conforms to established standards and guidelines.
- Participates in the development of nursing policies for assigned unit. Develops, recommends and administers procedures necessary to implement policy; interprets policies and procedures for clinical staff and ensures their adherence. Provides direction and oversight necessary to ensure efficient and effective patient care and/or services.
- Provides competent and professional nursing care to the patients and participates in direct patient care.
- Ensures that unit supply inventory levels are maintained and monitors usage to determine the need for changes. Ensures the proper operation of unit equipment; secures the repair of unit equipment by initiating work order or recommending external repair service.
- Assigns the work of subordinate staff; adjusts schedules and assignments to compensate for fluctuating patient visit schedules, staff shortages and other contingencies. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree required.Master's degree preferred. 3-5 years of clinical expertise required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
About the company