- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Nurse Mgr (RN) Home Care is responsible for supervising, instructing, and guiding nursing and auxiliary personnel to assure quality of patient care services.
In addition, this position is responsible for the assessment and treatment for patients of all ages, including neonates, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric population.
- Coordinates patient care with all necessary services including nursing, rehab, nutritional services, equipment, professional and non-professional staffing and support services.
- Works with members of the interdisciplinary team and managers to develop appropriate interventions in order to achieve clinical and functional goals.
- Develops policies and procedures as it relates to the coordination of the Infection Control Program.
- Ensures quality of patient care by analyzing incident reports and patient infections for trends in order to provide appropriate interventions.
- Collaborates with staff regarding patient plan of care and progress.
- Assists Home Care staff in identifying special safety precautions for patients when needed.
- Reports departmental infection control activities to the Home Care Management Team, PI, PAC, Hospital Infection Control Committee, Care Management Council, and Quality Committee of the Board.
- Provides feedback to senior management regarding the needs and accomplishments of the department.
- Ensures ongoing compliance and coordinates all activities associated with Federal, State, local and other regulatory agencies (ie, DOH, OSHA, Joint Commission, CDC).
- Assists management with organizational needs and recommends process improvements.
- Oversees the development of education offerings and conducts training to staff on various topics about infection control, changes in federal or state regulations, JCAHO standards, OSHA standards, and CDC guidelines.
- Completes staff performance appraisals and field evaluations within specified periods.
- Administers the human resources functions in the areas of hiring, training, evaluating, developing, coaching, and disciplining.
- Attends a minimum of six in-service programs annually.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: Minimum two years experience as a community health nurse in a Certified Home Health Agency or long-term health care program.
BSN preferred or successful completion of BSN within 5 years of hire.
Six (6) credit hours or the equivalent of education/training in public health and principles of management.
Current New York State RN licensure required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- human resources