- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device. More videos
Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available.
More videos on YouTube
ShareInclude playlistAn error occurred while retrieving sharing information. Please try again later.Switch camera0:000:000:00 / 1:14• Overview
The Nurse Practitioner, Specialist provides a full range of medical services for patients. They work under the supervision of the Site Medical Director and other site or specialty Physicians and in accordance with established policy and procedure as well as within the state guidelines. They provide required documentation of services to the Site Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of clinical services. They notify the Medical Director and H.S.A. regarding changes in schedule coverage. Assist in arrangements for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time. Should be trained in specialty areas such as Hep-C, HIV, Oncology, etc.
TelemedicineExperience with managing patients with infectious diseases preferredWorking with patients in TN, AR, ME, FL, NV
- A graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- An advanced degree in an approved and accredited Nurse Practitioner program Experience:
- Prior medical/surgical and/or emergency/trauma experience and corrections experience is preferred.
- Must have the patience and tact to deal with the patient population and ability to work effectively in the corrections environment.
- Scheduling flexibility is also required to be able to rotate hours and shifts, if needed, and to be called during emergency situations to provide coverage Licenses/Certifications:
- None required
- Must have and maintain current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner within the state of employment.
- Have and maintain specialized training documentation in area of clinical focus (for example, Hep-C, HIV, Oncology, etc.).
- Must have and maintain current CPR certification Responsibilities
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine referred patients
- Works with Clinical Advisor in area of specialization to develop treatment plans for patients within registry and scope of care.
- Conducts on-site chronic care clinics and sick call as established by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator or designee
- Conducts infirmary rounds as established by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator or designee and records encounters in the patient's progress notes
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed and legible Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
About the company