- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position TitleNursing Department ChairPosition TypeFacultyPosition NumberFTE1.0
Secondary Employment StatusAdministrative FacultyBenefits Eligible?YesJob Summary/Basic FunctionThe Nursing Department Chair is responsible for guiding the nursing program through an exciting time of growth,expansion, and in the development of a simulation program. The position provides leadership for the Nursing Program, manages administrative responsibilities, provides effective communication and fosters collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, and contributes to a department culture that fosters collaboration and disciplinary scholarship.
In support of the College’s ambitious goals for diversity and inclusion, the Nursing Department is interested in applicants who will contribute to the development of our increasingly diverse campus community, and have experience working effectively with diversified populations and responding to the changing demands on our emerging nursing professionals. Successful candidates will aspire to be part of a community that affirms an abundance of identifies, experiences, and perspectives in order to imagine, examine, and implement possibilities for individual and communal thriving both inside and outside of the Nursing Department. We welcome applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.
Minimum QualificationsThis is an administrative faculty position with the following minimum qualifications:
-A terminal degree at the doctoral level from an accredited university. Either the Master’s or Doctoral Degree must be in Nursing;
- An unencumbered, active RN license and eligibility for licensure in MN and ND;
- A demonstrated leadership record including administrative experience;
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Knowledge of accreditation requirements;
- A record of engagement in nursing scholarship;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience developing new programs and working with healthcare partners;
Preferred QualificationsThis is an administrative faculty position with the following preferred qualifications:
- Evidence of successful teaching;
Position Opening Date12/02/2019Open Until FilledYesScreening BeginsEEO/AA StatementConcordia College will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or any other legally protected status.
Special Instructions to ApplicantsAll correspondence relating to the position of Chair of the Nursing Department at Concordia College should be directed in confidence to the college’s Human Resources Department at https://hr.cord.edu/.
The full and complete application should contain the following:
1) A cover letter outlining your experience as a nursing leader and educator, as well as your interest and fit with this position and Concordia College;
2) A complete CV outlining your career in higher education and within nursing;
3) Transcripts from all institutions where you earned a graduate degree(s) (unofficial transcripts accepted);
4) Contact information for three references from individuals who have experience with you in a professional or academic capacity.
Applications submitted by January 6, 2020 will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
For more information, contact Jack Rydell, DNP, RN-CNE, Interim Department Chair and Chair of the Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com or (218)299-3764.
Employment ContingenciesBackground Check Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Curriculum Vitae
- human resources