- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Come join BrightStar Care, a client-centric team that holds value in honest and serving with passion.
Our higher-standard way has brought BrightStar to the top of Home Health care and we want individuals with desire to maintain such standards and change people’s live for the better.
Our commitment to incorporating advance technology has offered our employees an opportunity to deliver their best performance. You will be working with patients who are recovering from injuries and disabiity. The care you provide will help them regain their highest functional ability, so they may resumeliving as independently as possible.
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- GPS time and attendance technology enhances your access to key scheduling and care information
- Free continuing education
- Variety of assignments, procedures, and treatments
- Weekend and evening opportunities, in-home and facility based
- One to one patient care
- Over 95% of BrightStar locations are Joint Commission accredited or in process
- International opportunities with over 300 locations in US and Canada
- Work as much or as little as you want, with our highly flexible schedule, work full and part-time, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Conduct physical and psycholgical assessments of clients and work cooperatively with physicians to develop care and treatment plans that are appropriate for client.
- Assess home environments of clients and explore adjustments which may be beneficial.
- Assess for benefits of adaptive equipment to assist client with activities of daily living, and advise client through the process of obtaining devices, as well as proper use of devices by client, family, and caregivers.
- Report client’s response to treatment or changes in condition to the Director of Nursing and physician
- Initiates occupationaltherapy program and instructs other personnel, including family members and caregivers, in specific phases of occupationaltherapy with which they may assist with the client
- Prepare clinical and progress summaries, as well as participate in discharge planning.
A copy of the summaries will be submitted to the Director of Nursing
- Treat clients, families, and staff with courtesy and respect.
- Graduated with a bachelor's or higher degree in occupational therapy from an accredited occupational therapy program
- Passed a National Occupational Therapy Examination and/or state examination required by the state
- State licensure in state where care is being provided
- Two (2) years of appropriate experience as a occupational therapist.
Community/home health is preferred
- Adhere to HIPAA and maintain client confidentiality
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the company