- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Las Cruces
Occupational Therapist-PRN - Rehab Services-7416-7958Memorial Medical Center
As an Occupational Therapist with Memorial Medical Center, you will provide direct patient care services to individuals of all ages thatfacilitate progress toward performance-based goalsin a supportive, team oriented environment in accordance with the principals and practices of occupation therapy and with Memorial Medical Center policies and procedures. Our rehab department has an active role in communicating recommendations for next level of care and assessing DME needs. Our occupational therapists have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients with a variety of medical needs located throughout the facility including ICU/CCU, orthopedics, medical/surgical, NICU, PICU, ED, and others. You will work closely with a dynamic, interactive interdisciplinary team including physical therapy, speech therapy, therapy technicians, nursing, patient care technicians, physicians, case management, respiratory therapy, pharmacy, and others.Additional responsibilities of the Occupational Therapist include:
• Perform appropriate occupational therapy evaluations, implement andmanage an individualized evidence-based patient plan of care according to physician orders
• Documenting patient progress daily and adjusting treatment plans as necessary
• Accurately bill for services provided in accordance to CMS guidelines
• Supervise assistants, technicians, students
• Openly communicate with case management to assist with throughput
• Assess patients’ need and use devices such as walkers, shower chairs, bedside commodes, splints, ADL equipment, etc.
• Collaborate with other healthcare providers to maintain continuity of care and focus on patient goals
• Maintain productivity standards
Minimum Education: BS degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited university. Minimum Experience: One year previous experience in both inpatient and outpatient, and/or home health settings preferred. Certification/Licensure: Current or eligible New Mexico Occupational Therapist license and Certification by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy as an Occupational Therapist Registered (OTR). CPR required.
About the company