- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Victaulic OEM, Government, Maritime Sales representative is responsible for profitably increasing the sales and market share that Victaulic holds in these disciplines in the given geographic region. This will be accomplished by a thorough understanding of our OEM, Government, and Maritime value stream, Victaulic use in those systems, the markets as a whole, and by utilizing the Victaulic Sales Team Strategic model.
The following responsibilities will be the primary components of the Sales Representative’s business plan and development objectives process:
- Develop and implement a yearly business plan consistent with the team strategy that achieves market, product, and profitability targets through a uniform, project and account driven goals & objectives process that has our CRM system as its basis of information, operation, and communication.
- The individual shall develop his or her business plan by establishing project and account priorities through a thorough review of the major owners in each segment.
- This business plan shall be coordinated with line sales and regional management in the territory to maximize business results in a collaborative, team effort. - The individual will declare an agreed upon number of key target accounts across all types that will be owned by the sales representative and form the basis for quantitative measurement of sales and progress results.
- The individual will develop these accounts and projects across all disciplines, including owners, engineers, production managers, sourcing, and supply chain channels. The target accounts will be developed to the fullest degree based on our definition of account ownership and complete penetration selling. Specification and details of our products in designs, engineering standards, and production processes shall be a key focus. Progress with the target accounts will be measured and reported on monthly through the target accounts measurement process. - Complete account development is defined:
- Develop relationships with the owner/president and key decision-makers.
- Understand the account’s business strategies and their position in the marketplace.
- Design and implement a strategy to sell the complete line of applicable Victaulic products.
- Negotiate with the account/distributor, when necessary.
- Use Company resources to ensure complete account development (market managers, VDC, seminars, product demos, etc.)
- Strategic planning for all OEM and Government sales in a territory will be in collaboration with the Division Manager. This will include coordination of target account development. Division Managers or Vice Presidents will approve all pricing.
- Develop a complete understanding of: - Product features, benefits and applications
- All requirements of our CRM system as a business development and time management tool.
- In collaboration with region and division management, coordinate the sale (direct or through distribution) based upon a thorough vetting of the best channel to utilize.
- Understand the construction and manufacturing cycles and successfully influence decision-makers at all influences (owner, engineer, production, contractor, sourcing, etc.) to maximize Victaulic sales potential.
- Keep management fully informed of market trends, competition, pricing, and new products.
- Communicate activities to appropriate personnel within the specialist’s geographic area of responsibility (i.e., line sales, line regional managers, as well as division management). 7. Fulfill all corporate administrative requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous sales experience selling “value added” products/services; preferably related to the commercial construction industry, PVF industry (pipes, valves, fittings) or mechanical products.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, including LEAN practices desirable.
- Demonstrated achievements in sales.
- Ability to develop and nurture long standing relationships.
- Solid project management skills.
- Self-motivated, confident.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Problem solver; resourceful, creative thinker.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional image.
- Willing to travel overnight as required by the position and territory - this position requires minimum of 60% overnight travel.
- Team player.
- Competitive, flexible and resilient by nature.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to work in a virtual setting with minimal supervision.
- Affable, engaging personality.
- Ability to occasionally lift 50+ pounds.
- Willingness to work in adverse weather conditions such as snow, heat, mud, rain.
About the company