- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $15.00 gross per hour
- Salt Lake City
Hardworking customer service professional needed! The State of Utah Department of Commerce, Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL) is looking for someone who is motivated and organized to fill their Office Specialist I (Licensing) vacancy.
In this position you will process and approve licenses, as well as answer questions and assist the public regarding rules and codes of licensing. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, evaluating, and processing applications per statute, rule, and established policies and procedures.
- Responding to telephone, face-to-face, and written inquires.
- Maintaining and demonstrating a working knowledge and understanding of all laws, rules, and policies/procedures relating to assigned professions.
- Demonstrating a working knowledge of basic computer skills and agency-used software applications.
- Entering data, accurately, into agency software.
- Writes or drafts correspondence, reports, documents and/or other written materials.
- Verifies data entry by comparing the source document against input data, utilizing automated verification system, using dual entry or other verification technique.
- Maintains and/or creates files or record keeping systems. Sorts, labels, files and retrieves documents, or other materials.
- Edits written material for accuracy, format, and arrangement of material.
- Reviews data, records and files for detail and accuracy.
- Monitor, track and follow up on documentation, case files or other assignments to ensure appropriate timelines are met and action completed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Prior customer service experience.
- An excellent job attendance record.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM
This position is eligible for a rich benefits package, generous paid time off, and great work-life balance. You can learn more about offered benefits here. For more information about our division, please visit our website.
The Department of Commerce is the licensing and registration agency for Utah's professional and business community. We provide oversight of business registrations, trademarks, Uniform Commercial Code filings, occupational and professional licensing, consumer protection, public utilities, securities, real estate and residential mortgage lending.
You can learn more about our agency by visiting our website.
(includes knowledge, skills, and abilities required upon entry into position and trainable after entry into position)
- Deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Operate office equipment.
- Communicate fluently in English.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Understanding of agency objectives, organization, structure and mission.
- Plan, organize and prioritize time and workload in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- As a condition of employment with the Department of Commerce, employees shall receive compensatory time off in lieu of payment in cash for all overtime worked under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- DHRM rules apply for promotions/transfers.
- Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
- customer service
- real estate