- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
OLTP Database Engineer
NBC Sports Group
The OLTP Database Engineer III participates in the design, development, implementation, review, and monitoring of all database environments. The OLTP Database Engineer III works closely with the software development team, the OLAP team, and the QA team to ensure that each has the environments needed to run efficiently and effectively and to provide guidelines and recommendations on best practices in the field.
Design, implement, maintain, and monitor database servers in production, stage, RC, DR, BC, QA, and development environments.
Ensure high availability and meet SLAs for production systems.
Design and implement monitoring solutions to achieve HA and SLA goals as set by the director.
Monitors and audits corporate DBAs during: change planning, scheduling, tracking, implementation, and follow-up.
Reviews and audit all environments for best practices in security.
Responsible for the lifecycle of TSQL development (check-in, review, build, testing, and deployment). Including automation where appropriate.
Drafts documents with TSQL coding guidelines for developers.
Assist developers in best practices for writing queries / procedures.
Performs tuning in production to identify performance bottlenecks.
Ensure future capacity planning and data system performance in expected tolerances.
Designs, develops, and implements ETL jobs based on business requirements.
Creates and implements new environments based on the needs of the business.
Evaluates new acquisition data systems. Designs and implements plans for assimilation.
Designs and implements data systems integration.
Works closely with the Director of Data Services through preparation of reports, emails, and correspondence.
Manages transactional database engineers.
• Eight years and above of hands on SQL Server transactional experience.
• Expert knowledge of all aspects of SQL Server Transact SQL.
• Profound understanding of SQL Server high availability and disaster recovery technologies, such as backups and restores, log shipping, mirroring, and replication.
• SQL Server administration skills, such as backups, restores, taking and reverting snapshots, user/role security, access permissions, etc.
• Extensive experience in SQL performance analysis and optimization (tuning / optimization).
• In-depth knowledge of tuning SQL Server to achieve the maximum performance possible.
• Profound understanding of SQL Server concurrency features, transactions, and locking.
• Excellent data modeling and schema design skills, including normalization and de-normalization.
• Strong experience with SQL Server debugging and tracing.
• In-depth knowledge of ETL methodologies.
• Experience using full text search and XML in SQL Server.
• Full grasp of the pros and cons of table partitioning and distributed partitioned views.
• Strong familiarity with data access technologies and protocols, such as ODBC, OLEDB, ADO.NET, LINQ to SQL, Entity Framework, JDBC, Hibernate/NHibernate, etc.
• Strong familiarity with SQL Server Service Broker, MS Sync Framework, and Master Data Service.
• Strong familiarity with BI technologies, such as ETL, data warehousing, SSAS/OLAP, data mining, and big data technologies.
• Strong familiarity with .NET, C#, and CLR objects.
• Experience using Microsoft TFS to maintain source control and deployment scripts of all DB objects highly preferred.
• Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
GolfNow, a division of Golf Channel is the internet’s largest online tee time reservation service, trusted by more than 1.5 million golfers. Using leading-edge technology, GolfNow provides more ways for golfers to stay connected to their favorite golf courses and tee times through the web, e-mail and mobile applications. As a partner to golf
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.