- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
This role will report to the Director of PRT Operations and will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a Contact Center team, ensuring activities run smoothly and efficiently. The successful candidate will promote our Company image in a professional and positive manner, while providing guidance, coaching, recognition, motivation and training to department personnel. You will participate in Contact Center activities and are responsible for attaining productivity, quality control, process improvement and customer service goals. Ongoing partnership with the Pensions Management Team to provide the necessary metrics to stay within budget and achieve the highest level of service is critical to success. You will also be responsible for keeping the Operations team informed of the status of critical issues and process improvement activities.
Your Contribution at AIG
As a key team member, you are expected to drive continual improvement, enhancing the service we provide to participants. Our people are our biggest differentiator and the work we do every day is at the core of our business.
- Manage the team, plan and organize daily activities while maintaining service levels for 640+ diverse Pension Cases
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on the team’s production and overall performance
- Analyze the daily productivity and quality metrics to identify opportunities and trends on an individual as well as unit level
- Mobilize and lead the team through the process improvement steps from root cause analysis to implementation
- Provide guidance, direction and leadership for the team. Develop employee skill sets and foster growth through individual/group training sessions and one-on-one coaching sessions for improvement
- Keep team informed of the status of critical issues and reinforce complaint, compliance and audit guidelines
- Responsible for adhering to budget forecasts (e.g. overtime, headcount, etc.)
- Manage Human Resources related activities for the team such as interviewing, approving PTO and other HR related activities
- Full time position: availability to work 8:00AM to 5:30 PM required
What we are looking for
- Experience in Annuity Services and or Pensions
- 5+ years Management experience; 2-3 years of experience managing a Contact/Call Center, including Telephony Equipment
- Ability to quickly adapt and adjust to change
- Comfortable in ambiguous situations
- Ability to build effective working relationships within and outside of PRT
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to make decision based on data and facts
- Ability to provide clear and concise information to internal and external participants as it pertains to their Pension Plan(s), and de-escalate complex customer request
- Support and track implementation activities and ensure desired results were achieved
- Highly driven to lead a team that meets and exceeds performance-based goals
- Excellent MS Office(Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- BA/BS Degree required
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.