- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
Derivative Process Engineering supports and develops the firm’s middle-office systems across the entire securities division globally, and has a direct impact on the effective functioning of the firm’s trading and sales operations on a day-to-day basis. As a member of our team you will work closely with the securities business and technical colleagues to solve complex technical problems and contribute to commercially-effective technical solutions of evolving business requirements.
The successful candidate will work interactively with technical teammates locally and in New York, London, and Bengaluru, as well as with colleagues in operations and on trading desks. Effective problem-solving through communication and a highly-developed analytical and technical skillset are essential to your success. Our technology stack heavily emphasizes proprietary systems recognized throughout the financial industry and beyond as best-in-class. A willing and enthusiastic attitude toward mastering the necessary technical skills, as well as toward forming a detailed understanding of the trading businesses you will work with, are key requirements of the role. Personal interests which include finance, financial computing, highly-distributed systems, and programming languages are a plus.HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Support the production environment, assist in the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, and maintain the stability and integrity of systems.
• Design, develop, test and document highly reliable client and server-side systems in a structured, disciplined, and fast-moving environment.
• Implement new systems using Goldman Sachs’ proprietary database and development platform
• Develop within a controlled process including design and code reviews.
• Form strong client relationships with traders, operations, controllers, and other technology groups in an integrated business and technology environment.
• Become an integral part of a global technology team.
• Must be willing to work with proprietary technologies. No knowledge of proprietary technologies required pre-hire.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (US or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field
• 5+ years with a B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
• 3+ years with a M.S. in Computer Science or related field
• 3-5+ years programming in an object-oriented language (strongly preferred) such as C++, Java, C#, and/or programming in one or more procedural languages such as C.
• Experience leading small to medium-sized engineering or devops teams.
• Experience leading and delivering complex development projects.
• Experience interacting with end users and eliciting requirements.
• Experience developing applications using relational databases and SQL. Object-oriented database experience a plus.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, shell scripting.
• Experience with complex distributed systems and multi-tier architectures.
• Experience working in the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Experience with complex debugging and
About the company
Goldman Sachs brings people, capital and ideas together to help our clients and the communities we serve. Learn more about our firm.
We provide a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Learn more about our businesses.