- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Paul
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working within broad objectives, manages manufacturing and engineering activities to achieve operating plans. Fully accountable for performance metrics of safety, quality, delivery and cost. Responsible for leading, facilitating and directing the activities of production, engineering and other departments.
Promotes the process of continuous quality improvement and coordinates solutions for technical and personnel issues. Troubleshoots complex problems. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
Exercises independent judgment in planning, organizing and performing work; monitors performance and reports status within area of responsibility. Assures that quality of services meets internal and external customer requirements. Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, a related field, or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum of ten plus years of progressively more responsible experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Requires highly developed leadership skills/experience sufficient to assume the responsibilities of this management position, including the ability to map task interdependencies, multi-task, prioritize such tasks, meet deadlines, and develop, monitor and live within budgets as well as the demonstrated ability to forecast major milestones.
- Must be skilled at delegation, follow-up, and team building.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and productively with others.
- Knowledge and experience with Quality Improvement and Team development concepts/models/tools required.
- Knowledge and experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)/International Organization for Standardization (ISO) manufacturing practices, standard office business computing, and mfg. automation. Demonstrated verbal and written analytical/problem solving, communication, negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills are essential.
- Documented record of delivering information that adds value to managements decision making process.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Company operating procedures, processes, policies, and tasks.
- Demonstrated personal computer skills including spreadsheet skills, word processing, data base management and other relevant applications.
- A relevant advanced degree (i.e., MBA) is highly desirable.
- Related running a world-class/total quality medical product manufacturing operation is highly desirable. Individual and group training experience and professional certification or designation.
- Academic or in-house courses in project management, leadership, training, Continuous Improvement (CI), cycle time improvement, and various technical applications as noted above.
SH Structural Heart
United States Minnesota St. Paul Woodridge : 177 East County Rd B
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
- ms project
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.