- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
2020-02-25-08:00United States of AmericaHFL04: ASG Jacksonville-Blount Island 6061 BF Goodrich Blvd , Jacksonville, FL, 32226 USA About the Business:
While the rest of Collins Aerospace soars into the sky, Engineered Polymer Products dives into the sea! Located in Jacksonville, Florida, EPP
specializes in marine applications for surface ships and submarines. Our dedicated teams create specialty naval parts that aid the U.S. Navy
in executing their mission, ensuring excellence every day. Consider joining a community focused on culture, quality, and safety, and apply
EPP’s Operations Manager is a highly motivated, people leader responsible for owning and managing the product line’s performance and people. This individual reports to the Value Stream Manager who is accountable for the value management stream, strategic and tactical supply chain, ACE (continuous improvement) and cost reduction. A successful EPP Operations Manager will utilize lean tools and processes within their departments and cross-functionally to improve their business’ performance while working comfortably within a diverse, global matrix organization.
• Inspires team members by promoting inclusion in the team and at our site overall. Coaches and encourages team on how to meet program milestones on time.
• Drives change and Innovation through process improvement tools to drive efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
• Champions Customer Culture: Interfaces with internal customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive world class service.
• Builds trust and manages the work of manufacturing production disciplines. • Oversees production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), manufacturing
• Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function
• Implement continuous improvement initiatives using lean tools and practices
• Leads cost reduction efforts and process improvements for the unit or shift to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness
• Leads scheduling for the unit or shift to ensure that operations run according to established production schedules
• Leads the sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, for the unit or shift to ensure smooth operations and optimal use of resources
• Heads materials and logistics problem resolution for the unit or shift to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations
• Establishes performance objectives and leads cell performance and productivity
• Leads production innovation, including additive manufacturing, for the unit or shift to enhance production capabilities
The candidate will have 4+ years of related experience in positions of increasing responsibility in manufacturing/operations, supply chain management, finance, business strategy, or similar fields.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel
us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
About the company