- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Operations Specialists, FT Evening/Night/Weekend Opportunities
What makes DHL great? Our people! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Global Forwarding is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
DHL Same Day is an international expedited transportation company which is part of DHL Global Forwarding. We have immediate opportunities available for dynamic individuals to work in our fast-paced 24/7 operations call center in Sterling, VA. This is not your cookie-cutter call center, our operations specialists work with our customers, many whom are Fortune 500 companies, to:
- Take incoming calls from our customers and provide excellent customer service
- Process incoming orders and enter notes in the system
- Answer questions on shipping rules & regulations, delivery alternatives and other solutions provided by our organization
- Provide price quotes as requested
- Monitor packages & shipments to insure arrivals and deadlines are met and more
- Respond to problems, offer solutions and insure customers are responded to in a timely manner
- Use an automated dispatch system to proactively identify breakdowns in the shipment process flow
- Take action through problem solving to ensure quality service is provided to our customers
- Handle incoming calls and deal directly with our couriers in the field
- Dispatch local independent contractors and vendors for prompt pickup and deliveries
- Update system with all current and pertinent information
What we look for:
- Ability to work evenings, nights, weekends
- Good knowledge of geography and time zones
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Type at least 30wpm
- Good administration & organizational skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience in customer service, dispatch or logistics
What we offer:
- Paid Training
- Rapid advancement/growth opportunities
- Competitive starting salary
- Shift differential premiums for hours worked during the evenings, nights and weekends
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid Life & Disability insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous annual paid time off policy
- Other employee perks & discounts
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Please note a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions. If you do not have one readily available, please visit http://dhl-resumebuilder.com/ to create the necessary documentation. This program will work on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.