- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are hiring for entry-level manufacturing Operator jobs in Sinking Spring, PA. We are growing and need Operators to manufacture products to help people see better every day!
Why choose Alcon?
- Very competitive benefits package with Paid Time Off, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, and 401K matching, holiday week off in December.
- Bonus potential for all roles
- Exciting development and training opportunities
- Clean, climate-controlled, safety-focused work environment
- On-site fitness center and cafeteria
- Community Involvement and volunteer opportunities
- World leader in industry with global presence of 20,000+ associates
- Free Alcon contact lenses for self and dependents (application process required)
- Perform a series of skilled but sometimes repetitive operations
requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity.
- Must have the ability to do machine set-ups and adjustments and solve routine operating problems.
- Requires ability to understand and verify specifications and evaluate product quality.
- Schedule department work flow.
Perform a variety of moderately skilled repetitive manual operations and /or operations involving the use of machinery or simple tools to exacting standards.
Strict adherence to SOP's and GMP's.
Ability to read and understand product specifications and documentation.
Assist in maintaining of detailed product documentation and verification of applicable records.
Must maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Must monitor product quality during manufacturing process.
Diagnose and solve routine operating problems.
Assist in training Operators.
Perform set-ups of machinery in the area.
Ability to perform minor machine repair.
May assign work to other operators.
Assist other operators in diagnosis and solve routine operator problems.
Occupational Demand Requirements: Position may require standing, walking, kneeling, twisting, writing, talking, sitting, bending, climbing ladders/steps, handling, turning, stooping, balancing, carrying, grasping, use both feet, use both hands, reaching 16 in., pushing 50 lbs., pulling 50 lbs., lifting 50 lbs., lowering 50 lbs., reading, problem solving, verbal communication, reasoning, written communications, math calculations, deadlines under pressure, learning/retaining technical information, exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, or 10 lbs. frequently to move objects. Working conditions position may be exposed to equipment/mechanical/electrical.
2nd shift work schedule:
Monday - Friday: 2:00pm – 10pm
Monday - Friday: 2:30pm-10:30pm
Monday - Friday: 2:45pm-10:45pm
3rd shift work schedule:
Sunday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 6:00am
Sunday - Thursday: 10:30pm - 6:30am
Sunday - Thursday: 10:45pm – 6:45am
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- English language proficiency required
- No prior experience required
Business Unit NON-NVS AL MFG/TECH OPERATIONS
Site Sinking Spring, PA
Company/Legal Entity Alcon Research, LLC.
Functional Area Technical Operations
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.