- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Field: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Location: Monaca, PA, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1804195
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Chemical Operator – Monaca, PA
Formula for Success: You Will…
The Dispersions & Pigments (ED) business unit has an opportunity at its Monaca, Pennsylvania manufacturing site. The incumbent will become part of a team of operators who are responsible for meeting daily production requirements to support customer needs. The incumbent is expected to work safely, following both verbal and written work instructions and procedures. The incumbent is responsible for the following including but not limited to:
• Follow operating procedures, site standards and policies etc. to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the site.
• Conduct routine inspections and monitor equipment such as pumps, storage tanks, instrumentation, utilities, safety equipment, tools, etc.
• Handle and transfer materials from bulk storage tanks, tote bins, drums, bags, etc. to adjust and make products. Take product samples for quality control testing.
• Transfer, monitor and control raw material and product flows.
• Prepare equipment for operation, maintenance, cleaning etc. Troubleshoot equipment problems.
• Support and participate in the site ISO, OSHA PSM, RMP and RCMS programs.
• Work a shift position (8 hour rotating shifts) which requires the ability to work indoors and outdoors in all conditions and use of stairways/ladders to perform tasks. Requires some lifting, pulling and operation of manual process equipment.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• High School Diploma or GED
• 3 years of experience in an industrial, chemical plant or relevant environment or have successfully completed an approved Chemical Technician training program.
• A working knowledge of the mechanics and operation of different types of process equipment (e.g. pumps, valves, agitators, instrumentation and controls etc.) is preferred.
• Familiarity with safety practices and techniques relating to the chemical industry (e.g. LOTO, Confined Space Entry, Hot Work).
• A working knowledge of computers. Experience using Distributed Control Systems (DCS) is highly preferred.
• Willingness and ability to work additional hours.
• Experience using a forklift.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.
About the company
We create chemistry for a sustainable future
In line with our corporate purpose, around 113,000 employees contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world.
Our broad portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. In 2014, BASF posted sales of €74.0 billion and income from operations before special items of approximately €7.6 billion. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through research and innovation, we support our customers in nearly every industry in meeting the current and future needs of society. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.