- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Salt Lake City
Req ID#: 14005BR
Job Description :
Operates post press equipment, which typically requires automated and/or manual setups and adjustments of intermediate difficulty. Typically required to perform some preventive maintenance functions. May utilize computer systems in the completion of duties.
- Perform a complete set-up of equipment and gather materials in an efficient manner, which may include: monitor/maintain equipment, stock area with supplies, check order shipments, stamp and proofread customer orders and generate labels.
- Determine and understand all order instructions and running of equipment productively while, meeting job requirements of accuracy of product, proper ink coverage, accurate quantity, correct shipping label and required attributes at a quality level that meets or exceeds our customer’s expectations.
- Maintain production operation by following policies and procedures, which may include using powered hand truck to remove/deliver raw materials and/or finished product, inspecting orders for errors, and using basic computer systems.
- Meet company service requirements which may include proper labeling and sorting, engraving special orders, loading trucks, monitoring binding margins for insert and tag board placement and adhere to postal service/delivery compliance as required.
- Resolve production issues by altering process to meet additional specifications and notify Team Manager to obtain additional information or resources as required.
- Maintain knowledge of the equipment, current post press processes and develop continuous process improvements that support the Lean philosophy and work environment.
- Maintain company quality standards, service levels and customer expectations by meeting or exceeding department/cell goals and customer specifications. Examples may include: maintaining acceptable ink densities, troubleshooting lithographic press settings and willingness to cross train other team members.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Support operations and contribute toward team results by performing other production or related jobs as required
Required: Education: High school (or equivalent)
Experience: 1 year of experience in manufacturing
- Basic math and reading skills; basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy; detail oriented; ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Mechanical ability to operate and maintain equipment as required.
- Familiar with product, equipment, printing process and ink usage preferred.
- Familiarity with Lean principles preferred.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Entry Level
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: 2nd shift
MARK D ERICKSON
About the company
Our goal: helping businesses & financial institutions like yours reach your goals
At Deluxe we strive to be an indispensable partner to the small businesses and financial institutions we serve. Our goal is to provide you with products, services and advice you need to help you achieve success.
Small Businesses: From personalized printed products to logo design, web services, and search engine marketing that helps your business get found, we work to deliver the most innovative products and services to help you live your passion.
Financial institutions: Being successful in today's financial arena means being flexible to the ever-changing demands and preferences of your account holders. With Deluxe Financial Services, you'll find the programs and services you need to meet those demands, drive revenue and create meaningful, long-lasting relationships with your customers.
Consumers: Deluxe is America's best known check brand, and we continue to innovate with new check designs and new ways to make check-ordering more convenient than ever.