- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Summary: Installs and maintains interior and exterior building wall finishes and surfaces with paint, coatings, wall coverings, plaster and other repair materials. Removes and installs wall trim and cove base materials, or other accessory items as needed to complete the work professionally and safely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects proper tools and equipment including, but not limited to, paints, brushes, rollers, spray guns, drop cloths, rags, ladders, scaffolds, tape, cleaning materials, etc.
- Selects pre-mixed paints or prepares paints to match specific colors by blending and mixing required proportions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances.
- Transports material and equipment to the job site or arranges for the transport of heavy or bulky items.
- Prepares site by covering furniture, equipment and floors with drop cloths and masking doors, windows and other trim where required.
- Prepares surfaces including cleaning, minor repair and patching of metals, wood, masonry, and polishing of finished surfaces and glazing as necessary. Installs, removes, and replaces cove bases, ceiling tiles, wall mounted items, and similar accessory items needed to achieve a complete and finished appearance.
- Performs caulking, sanding, taping, application of special finishes and color matching, waxing and polishing of finished surfaces and glazing as necessary.
- Makes minor repairs to spray and roller equipment, simulates wood grain, marble, brick or tile effects.
- Recommends substitute materials or colors to improve and expedite work.
- Requisitions and receives materials and equipment, and maintains simple records and time reports.
- Cuts stencils and stencil surfaces with lettering or decorations.
- Paints signs on such surfaces as cloth, bulletin boards, walls, doors, equipment, etc.
- Installs wall coverings and similarly applied materials.
- Freehands highlighting, shading and counter-shading and apply stipple & glaze finishes.
- Removes, repairs and installs ceramic tile floors, walls and ceilings.
- Tapes and spackles drywall in preparation for painting.
- Fills nail holes, cracks and joints with putty, plaster or other filler.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of trade school or 2 years of experience as Painter in a similar sized institution.
- Some lifting of medium and/or heavy equipment and tools.
- Some exposure to extreme degrees of heat, noise, dust and dirt areas requiring infection control.About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
About the company