- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Los Angeles
Large global law firm seeks a Paralegal to join their Los Angeles team.As a Finance Paralegal I at firm, you will contribute your expertise to performing legal tasks and providing various administrative support to attorneys and other supervising paralegals. Your responsibilities as a Paralegal will include coordinating work for basic cases or transactions with the assistance of support departments, secretaries and project assistants. You will prepare basic legal documents, retrieve documents from internal or public sources, and maintain the integrity of case or transactional files while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Coordinating the work of support departments, secretaries, and project assistants to retrieve, assemble and/or organize documents for review by supervisors
- Preparing specified forms, letters or other legal documents
- Obtaining documents and certificates from local or federal courts and state agencies
- Conducting basic searches and creating reports in databases or other document repositories
- Proofreading and preparing documents for submission to courts or agencies
- Maintaining the integrity of the case or transactional documents generated throughout the duration of a case or transaction
- Completing special projects on various issues as assigned
As a Paralegal, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Paralegal must have proficient knowledge of applications typically used in a legal office environment, such as billing software and databases, and internet searching skills. The ideal candidate will have Knowledge of MS Office applications, specifically MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, along with well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm, and the ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus.
A bachelor's degree, or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program is required. A minimum of one (1) year of related law firm experience, preferably as a Paralegal, is required.
About the company