- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Walt Disney Company is a diversified, international family entertainment and media organization whose operations include theme parks and resorts, filmed entertainment including motion pictures and television shows, theatrical productions, home video products, records, consumer products, a cruise line, radio and television stations, broadcast and cable networks, Internet offerings, and publishing activities.
The Walt Disney Company’s Corporate Legal Department is seeking a Paralegal to join the Copyright Administration Team of the Intellectual Property Group to assist specifically with, but not limited to, the copyright registration and administration of motion pictures, television programs, publications, sound recordings, musical compositions, artwork, computer programs and the recordation of documents. The role will be under the supervision of a Senior Manager and will have exposure and opportunity to work with the creative departments that oversee the production of various content for Walt Disney Pictures & Animation, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Pixar, ABC Networks, The Disney Channel, Hollywood Records, Disney Theatrical Productions, National Geographic and others.
This role is initially based in Century City and will transfer to Burbank, CA in the Spring of 2020.
- Register works for copyright and record documents of transfer with the US Copyright Office
- Secure proper documents, information and deposit materials to procure the registration of a copyright and recorded document
- Review agreements and contracts to confirm ownership and proper chain of title
- Provide assistance and support to litigation, enforcement and trademark groups involving copyright related matters
- Conduct research and prepare reports
- Maintain and administer the Company’s copyright recordation database and physical archive files
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum 3 years as a paralegal with copyright registration and administration experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or qualification to be a paralegal by certification or education and work experience as set forth by the American Bar Association and any applicable state codes
- Experience with reviewing production agreements and confirming chain of title
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional judgment to appropriately discern when to escalate issues
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Experience in handling a high volume of deadline-intensive work
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills up to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels, both internal and external
- Experience with working effectively in a collaborative team-environment
- Self-starter with an excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism
- Ability to recognize and eliminate inefficiencies and promote continuous improvement
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office software programs, Adobe software, and online research skills
- Willingness to learn and use new research materials and practice tools
- Experience with database and reporting systems
- Spanish or Portuguese not required, but is a plus
About the company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Specialties: Entertainment, Media, Movies, Resorts, Live Entertainment, Studios, Broadcasting, Theme Parks, Television.