- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are looking for a Paralegal to assist with contract administration, intellectual property matters, and brand protection. We are hiring for an award winning, state of the art Industrial Pharmaceutical company.
Hiring immediately despite Covid-19.
Support IP and Brand Protection Administration. Also, support the Contract Management Process.
- Assist with administration and maintenance of the intellectual property (IP) portfolio
- Perform preliminary trademark searches
- Prepare/update IP status reports
- Use enforcement tools and manual internet searches to detect unauthorized use of IP, including unauthorized domain names and infringing uses.
- Draft cease and desist letters for in-house attorney review.
- Draft and submit notices of infringement, as well as use platform tools to report intellectual property violations.
- Secure test purchases of products for evidentiary purposes.
- Keep and maintain accurate records related to investigations and notices sent.
- Conduct background investigations using both the internet and commercial databases to research people and business entities.
- Assist with litigation by compiling case law research or taking other action to support litigation efforts.
- Interact with outside counsel.
- Electronic file management: create, organize and update case files.
- Assist in administering the contract intake process, including the necessary steps to ensure the process stays within the applicable timing under the applicable policies. Manage the overall contract workflow.
- Support in-house attorneys with contract life-cycle management.
- Prepare initial drafts of form contracts.
- Assist with maintenance of electronic and hard copy files and perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Paralegal certification
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience in litigation support functions and document retention and production processes
- Pharmaceutical experience is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with standard practices and procedures of contract and business law
- Strong project management skills to develop and manage key processes in the legal department
- Strong knowledge and experience in the areas of intellectual property, licensing, and contract law
- Ability to learn and apply new information relevant to the position
- Ability to research, comprehend, and analyze substantive areas of the law
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments
- Experience with managing a domain name portfolio
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, USPTO search databases, WHOIS searches, social media platforms, and contract management platforms
About the company