- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $19,656.00 gross per year
Keeps an assigned building and surrounding premises clean and orderly using janitorial equipment and supplies.
- Sweep, mop, and wax floors; clean and vacuum carpets;
- Dust and polish furniture, woodwork, shelves, etc; empty and clean waste receptacles; wash windows and walls;
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and replenish supplies;
- Maintain equipment and materials used in cleaning work, including hand tools and automated equipment;
- Clean and maintain nearby paved and planted areas;
- Do minor repair work including unstopping drains and repairing faucets;
- Operate forklifts and other moving equipment;
- Remove debris and litter from public areas;
- Set up rooms for special events and meetings;
- Interact with visitors and patrons;
- Perform related duties as required.
Completion of the tenth grade or any combination of education and experience th provides the following:
Physical Exam Required
Knowledge and Abilities
Knowledge of :
- The methods and equipment used in janitorial work.
- Use machines and equipment including a buffer, shampoo machine, vacuum, floor stripper, mop, broom, and related cleaning implements;
- Communicate effectively with others;
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds;
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 75 pounds;
- Frequently walk and stand during a shift;
- Occasionally bend and kneel during shift;
- Frequently climb ladders, stairs, scaffolding, poles and inclined surfaces;
- Continuously flex upper trunk forward and at the waist and partially flexing of knees;
- Occasionally rotate upper trunk to the right or left while sitting or standing;
- Frequently reach above, at or below shoulder height;
- Frequently push and pull objects.