- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
He/ she is responsible for filling parts orders over phone or over the counter. Will advise customers of needed parts according to description or malfunction. Needs to be able to operate a forklift. Also perform duties necessary for the smooth operation of the parts department.
- Answer customer’s phone calls and fill order from stock parts.
- Help customers on parts counter and shop counter.
- Read catalog, microfiche viewer, or computer for replacement part numbers, availability, price and substitutions.
- Advise customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
- Advise customer of any quality improvement or service bulletin on part replacement.
- Examine returned part or core to determine if defective and exchange part for refund.
- Stock parts according to part number sequence.
- Use precision measuring instruments to determine whether similar parts may be machined down or built up to required size.
- Clean parts shelves to prepare for physical inventory.
- Accept payment for bills and make change.
- Use calculator and computer keyboard.
- Do periodical bin checks. Qualifications:
- He/ she will be responsible for the set up of advertising displays or arranging merchandise on counters, display areas for promotional sales.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have at least two years or more in heavy duty truck or automotive parts department experience.
- Will need to be able to interact successfully with customers and co-workers, and have the ability to recognize the need for urgency in helping customers.
- Must have the endurance to move at a fast pace and from one job requirement to another quickly; also be able to operate parts department equipment, forklift, and pickup. Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs from the floor to waist high and 25 lbs to shoulder high.
- Due to some stress applicant must be have the flexibility to handle stressful situations. Core Values
- We act with honesty and integrity
- We value our people and communities
- We are customer focused
- We do what it takes NOTES : This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties,requirement, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. Whilethis list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require thatadditional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e.,emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Keywords: Diesel OR Trucking OR Dealership OR ADP OR Mack OR Volvo OR Caterpillar OR Allison OR Cummins OR Dealer ORHeavy Equipment OR Trailer OR Truck Sales OR Deal Sheet OR Class A OR CDK OR Frame Shop OR Foreman OR Leasing OR Service OR Warranty OR Parts OR Office OR Semi Truck OR Mechanic OR Google Jobs OR Career OR B2B Outside SalesOR Sales Representative OR Commercial Sales, OR Fabrication
About the company