- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Gastonia Nissan, a Hudson Automotive company, is looking for a Qualified Parts Counter person to Join our Team!
Hudson Automotive is a third-generation, family-owned and operated business proudly serving customers with all their automotive needs.
Founded in 1948, Hudson Automotive has grown from a single location in Providence, KY to a multistate, multi-franchise organization with 18 dealerships and more than 1,200 employees throughout South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio, Louisiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Our dealerships have been repeatedly recognized for outstanding customer service and have received Toyota’s President's Award, Nissan’s Global Award, Ford’s Presidents Award and the Honda President’s Award for their dedication to excellence.
In 2019, Hudson Automotive was voted Best Places to Work in South Carolina.
Every employee with Hudson Automotive is absolutely critical to our success.
Our rapid growth and fast-paced environment make this an awesome place to work.
Happy employees make happy customers, and we reward individuals who are ready to work hard and stay motivated.
Join our amazing team atto build a career with Hudson!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Paid Training
- Employee discounts on products & services
- Uniforms provided
- Balanced work schedule
- Sells parts to all customers, over the counter, through the shop, or on the phone.
- Essential Duties include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials, and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
- Provides high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Notifies the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- Notifies the body shop when all parts have arrived and when they will be delivered.
- Pulls orders for delivery to body shop, making sure all parts are tagged with customer names and job number.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts.
- Verifies will-call and back-order files weekly and returns to vendors, or stocks those items not picked up or required.
- Replenishes assigned inventory daily.
- Assists outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- Receives payment from retail customers or obtains credit authorization.
- Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customer.
- Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the invoice.
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Issues and tracks requested shop tools to technicians.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates, and special order parts.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Solicits assigned accounts by phone.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Cleans computer terminals and printers daily.
- Participates in all training programs that are made available.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Participates with the parts manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment withoutregard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protectedveteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristicprotected by federal, state or local laws.
About the company