- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job TitlePatient Safety Companion/UKHCRequisition NumberNR06676Working TitlePatient Safety CompanionDepartment NameH3270:Nursing Practice and Support ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level03Salary Range$10.25-14.84/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired EducationHS
Required Related ExperienceNo experience required.
Physical RequirementsREQUIRES EXTENDED PERIODS OF SITTING
ShiftMust be able to work three, 12 HOUR 7PM-7AM NIGHT SHIFTS, 36 hours / per week.
Will be required to work some weekends and holidays.
Job SummaryThe Patient Safety Companion works independently and under the direct supervision of the nurse. Sits with
patients with emphasis on safety. Must be able to visualize and hear patient at
all times. Intervene and notify nurse if patient is in danger.
Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesBasic computer skills
Good communication skills
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperiencePrior experience in a patient care setting is preferred
Deadline to Apply11/17/2019University Community of InclusionThe University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What type of setting best describes your patient care experience?
- Nursing Home
- Medical Office/Clinic
- No Response
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- human resources