- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18.00 - $22.00 gross per hour
- Walnut Creek
Do you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills?
Accountemps currently has Payroll Specialist open in the Concord area. This job is a contract role starting this week!
Please email your resume to Taylor Moore at Taylor.Moore@accountemps.com
Please add "Payroll " to the subject line and I will respond right away.
• I-9 processing
• Researching old and new invoices involves a working knowledge of Excel and Word.
• Contact employees via email and phone to troubleshoot problems
• Deliver instruction/training to employees regarding the use of payroll-related systems including entry of timesheets, online access of pay statements, etc.
• Perform clerical duties such as filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying, etc.
• Data entry into Excel and the payroll system
• Enter and audit union calculations via Excel as instructed
• Download and distribute/save reports as instructed
• Completing employment verifications, maintaining employee deduction and direct deposit information, balancing payroll runs, and producing federal and state tax payments. The Payroll Analyst also calculates manual checks, maintains monthly bank reconciliations.
Payroll Clerk Pay Rate: $18-$22
• Great attention to detail.
• Prior Payroll knowledge.
• AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred.
• Knowledge of I-9 processing
• Deep understanding of Microsoft Excel.
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounts payable.
• Prior experience in an A/P role preferred.
• Established communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds.
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.