- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $21.85 - $25.30 gross per hour
Anyone who is ready for a challenge and has experience with Microsoft Office will be interested in this Payroll Administrator position. Accountemps is looking for candidates with dynamic communication and problem-solving skills who can process payroll effectively and efficiently, for a Payroll Administrator opportunity. If you want to join a smart team in a fast-paced environment, contact us today to start advancing your career. The Payroll Administrator position is a long-term temporary-to-full-time opportunity based out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
What you get to do every single day
- Answer questions and requests related to payroll information
- Retrieve and assess information in order to resolve payroll discrepancies
- Maintaining employee confidence and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines
- Perform review and verification of source documents
- Follow established policies and procedures to maintain payroll operations and report changes as necessary
- Manage other tasks as assigned
- Draft relevant year-end reports, as well as weekly, monthly, and quarterly ones, for department heads
- Handle reconciliation of employee deductions and other relevant liabilities
- Put together summaries of employer social security, unemployment, and worker compensation payments and employee federal and state income and social security taxes to calculate all payroll liabilities
- Deliver assistance to payroll with internal and external audits
- Payroll record maintenance by tracking changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- Produce reports after compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Proper payroll information maintenance by collecting, calculating, and entering data
Qualified applicants should send their resume to Steve.firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 215-568-4580.
- Strong analytical capabilities and discernment
- Experience using accounting software
- Deep understanding of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Comprehensive knowledge of ADP Workforce Now
- Knowledge of benefits payroll
- Command of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and solid financial acumen
- Understanding of federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
- Preference will be given to Certified Payroll Professional
- 3+ years of relevant experience in payroll
- Prior experience working with high volume multi-state payroll, billing, licensing, AP, etc.
- Expertise with internal controls
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.