- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $25.00 - $30.00 gross per hour
- Rancho Bernardo
This challenging role might be a great fit for your skills, if you are a Payroll Administrator seeking a career-building opportunity with an industry leader. One of Robert Half Finance and Accounting clients is currently seeking a Payroll Administrator to join their team. We are looking for candidates who can deliver strong internal customer service while working in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to communicate effectively. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the accurate and timely production of payroll for employees. Please apply right away! This full-time employment opportunity is based in the La Mesa, CA area.
- Cooperate with Human Resources, Information Technology, and other internal business partners to ensure security protocols for pay systems
- Review payroll areas, fringe benefit reporting, and pay practices related to FLSA to determine how those practices apply to advise management
- Be of help to staff with PTO accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits, general questions related to payroll, and other pay related issues
- Strive towards timely processing of payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles
- Manage voluntary deductions, as well as wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary authorities
- Administer regular payroll reporting as required and assist with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger
- Check data entered by others in the payroll software to include, but not limited to salary/wage increases, benefit deductions, employee termination dates, and employee leaves of absence under FMLA or other unpaid leave
- Abide with current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other required reporting
- Form systems and protocols to direct the collection, calculation and entering of pay data
- Oversee quarterly and year-end payroll reports
Must have experience working with an HRIS system and high proficiency with spreadsheets
- FPC or CPP will be vital
- Prior practice in various withholdings, garnishments, and processing liens
- 1+ years of payroll experience
- Proficiency in payroll systems for 100-500 employees
- Demonstrated knowledge of Reconcile Payroll
- General familiarity with Process Payroll
- Solid understanding of Full Cycle Payroll
- Adeptness in Process Bi-weekly Payroll
- Experience with union payroll
- Foundational knowledge in payroll
- HR Payroll System experience
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.