- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $14.25 - $16.50 gross per hour
Candidates who have experience with Microsoft Office and are ready for a challenge should apply to this Payroll Administrator position. If you can process payroll effectively and efficiently, Accountemps is looking for a Payroll Administrator with dynamic communication and problem-solving skills. You could advance your career at this smart team in a fast-paced environment. Contact us today if you're interested. Located in Easthampton, Massachusetts, the Payroll Administrator is a short-term temporary role.
- Reconcile employee deductions and other liabilities as needed
- Produce reports after compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Handle specific weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports for department heads
- Handle all payroll information questions and requests
- Perform any other duties that arise in the course of normal business operations
- Using federal and state regulations and guidelines, certify company compliance
- Handle payroll discrepancies through information collection and analysis
- Offer proper review and verification of source documents
- Detail all payroll liabilities by establishing employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer social security, unemployment, and worker compensation payment
- Exercise of proper data management by collecting, calculating, and entering payroll data
- Updating payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- Promote employee confidence by protecting payroll operations and keeping information confidential
- Report changes where necessary after maintaining payroll operations via company policies and procedures
- Deliver assistance to payroll with internal and external audits
- Adeptness in Accounts Payable (AP)
- Proficiency in in-house payroll
- Foundational knowledge in Payroll Functions
- Solid understanding of payroll
- Expertise in payroll systems for 100-500 employees
- Process Payroll experience
- Experience with high volume multi-state payroll, billing, licensing, AP, etc.
- Reliable skills in Microsoft Office with excellent Excel skills
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
- Mastery of internal controls
- Prior experience using accounting software
- Proficient knowledge of basic accounting principles and solid financial acumen
- Certified Payroll detail oriented designation favored
- Expertise in federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
-CheckWriters experience preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in payroll
- Data entry, document management, file creation and previous records experience required
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.