- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $20.00 - $24.00 gross per hour
Accountemps has an opening with a company in the Construction/Contractor field, for a Payroll Administrator who can process payroll and is proficient with Microsoft Office applications. This position might be the one for you if you possess dynamic and strong communication skills and problem-solving capabilities. This dedicated and passionate team is your next step for a career growth opportunity. The Payroll Administrator provides a short-term temporary role from its Marlborough, Massachusetts location.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Maintaining employee confidence and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Other duties as assigned
- Reviewing and verifying source documents
- Put together summaries of employer social security, unemployment, and worker compensation payments and employee federal and state income and social security taxes to calculate all payroll liabilities
- Supporting all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Understand and report necessary changes to payroll operations by maintaining established policies and procedures
- Draft reports by organizing all summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Resolving payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Execute relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports to circulate amongst department heads
- Reconciling of employee deductions and other liabilities
- Enter changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers as part of managing payroll records
- Handle all payroll information questions and requests
- Using federal and state regulations and guidelines, ensure company compliance
- Relevant experience of 2+ years in payroll
- Adeptness in ADP Workforce Now
- Expertise in multi-state payroll
- Demonstrated knowledge of W2 - 1099 - T4 Preparation
- Payroll for over 500 employees experience desired
- Microsoft Excel experience highly desired
- Foundational knowledge in payroll
- Proficiency in garnishments payroll
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Earlier experience working with various types of accounting software desired
- Experienced in basic accounting principles and solid financial acumen
- Knowledgeable about federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
- Accurate, swift, data entry abilities
- Understanding of internal controls
- Experience with high volume multi-state payroll, billing, licensing, AP, etc.
- Meet and uphold Certified Payroll Professional criteria
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.