- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $19.00 - $22.00 gross per hour
If you're looking for work where you'll need the ability to interact with technical and non-technical users in an understandable and concise manner while solving complex technical issues, the PC Technician opening at Robert Half Technology might be right for you! If you are self-motivated, a problem solver, and interested in a positive, dynamic environment, you could thrive in this role. Come work as a long-term temporary PC Technician in the Edison, New Jersey, region.
Your responsibilities in this role:
- Own imaging and preparation of new computers
- Manage and execute technology implementation projects
- Take down, box and ship out of date equipment
- Support functionality testing and end users
- Handle data transfers from PC to PC and troubleshoot software/hardware along with break/fix
- Provide frequent and effective communication with ticket submitters
- Ensure the integrity of electronic data records, acting in accordance with company quality standards
- Diagnose, repair, rebuild, and refurbish a variety of computer hardware, including PCs, laptops, monitors, servers and other IT equipment
- Manage equipment inventory, collaborating on purchases as needed
- Coordinate with the appropriate vendors to arrange repairs
- Install printers, troubleshoot and handle repairs
- Document all daily data communication transactions, issues and solutions or installations
- Handle disassembly, boxing, movement and setup/installation on site
*For immediate consideration, please email Michelle.Caravaglio@rht.com
- Ability to multitask and communicate effectively with individuals of all backgrounds
- Microsoft Exchange Server experience desired
- Command of Microsoft Office 365
- 1 - 3 years of experience supporting hardware and software for PC and Mac, and knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN, and WAN
- Active problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in procedures and job assignments
- Detailed and have the ability work independently
- Well versed in network design and implementation strategies
- CompTIA A+ certification required
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.