- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Commerce City
Since 1970, Salud has been committed to providing a Medical Home to patients,where medical, dental, behavioral health services and clinical pharmacists work togetherand coordinateefforts in a team based system of care. We strive to improve thequality of our patient'slives who would otherwise have limited access to health care. We serve all individuals regardless of theirinsurance status or ability to pay.
General Description of Duties:
Performs those duties which assist the Dental Director, Dentists, and Dental Hygienists in the care and treatment of patients. Performs duties in the field of reception, chairside assisting, inventory and records. The Pediatric Dental Assistant approaches his/her task in a team based care fashion that supports patients and their families in self-management, self-efficacy and behavior change. Adheres to the spirit of the SALUD mission statement while performing assigned duties. The Pediatric Dental Assistant enjoys working with children
Works primarily under the supervision of the Center Dental Director but also works under the supervision of the Chief Dental Officer and all clinic dentists and dental hygienists.
- The Pediatric Dental Assistant acts as a patient advocate for our vulnerable population by ensuring that the patient is fully informed and comfortable with their visit to SALUD.
- Works in conjunction with other Medical Providers, Dental Providers, Behavioral Health Providers and all other staff to ensure that the patient obtains the highest standard of integrated health care.
- Assist the dentists and hygienists in chair-side procedures routinely done in a general dental practice.
- Responsible for preparation and setting up of instruments, materials, and equipment necessary for each procedure.
- Responsible for the sterilization of instruments, and the cleaning and routine maintenance of equipment and work areas.
- Schedules patients, does routine reception work, accurately records information on patient records.
- Follows procedures for the electronic health records system.
- Helps to identify related medical and/or social problems.
- Orders supplies and materials; maintains inventory of supplies and materials as well as maintaining thorough and accurate documentation of inventory.
- Follow recommendations for preventing and controlling infectious diseases and managing personal health and safety concerns related to infection prevention and control in the dental health care setting.
- Provide dental health services appropriate to the age-specific needs of all patients in accordance with the principles of growth and development for infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric life cycles.
- The Pediatric Dental Assistant primarily assists the Pediatric Dentist, but may be called upon to assist general dentists and hygienists when needed.
- Helps with pediatric behavior management
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Appointment:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
An ability and willingness to learn. A desire to expand abilities. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to motivate patients. Must work well with the other patient care team members. Ability to operate, maintain, and document in the electronic record. Ability to reliably take diagnostic digital x-rays in a timely fashion. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with patients and staff. Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a must. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Graduation from high school or equivalent is required..
Previous dental assistant experience desired, but not required.
Bloodborne Pathogen Risk Level:
High exposure to blood borne pathogens.
Normal Medical and Dental office environment
Requires sitting for long periods of time and crouching in a forward position. Requires manual dexterity. Requires depth perception, normal visual acuity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing, walking, reaching and stretching to operate department equipment. Requires pulling, pushing and fingering with hands, wrists, arms and upper body. Requires the ability to work under stressful conditions and in a confined area with accuracy. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record data electronically and to communicate with patients.
Must be radiology certified, within the timeframe set by Dental Department standards.
Maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers from one of the following organizations:
a. American Heart Association;
b. American Safety and Health Institute; or
c. American Red Cross.
No licensure or certification is needed to be hired.
Successful completion of Salud Family Health Center Ladder’s program is required.
Successful achievement of the Registered Dental Assistant Program certification is required.
Experience with nitrous oxide is preferred
Dental assisting school or experience preferred
Previous dental assisting experience with children preferred
Salud Family Health Centersis an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation,gender identity,or any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.